2023 SAP-E Annual Status Report
With the participation of 42 delegates representing 34 countries, the first on-site SAP-E National Coordinators’ meeting in Riga, Estonia in March has been one of the highlights of the year. The two-day programme included sharing experiences, workshops’ discussions and introduction of the new leadership structure, including regional spokespersons.
The SAP-E Steering Committee maintains its momentum by extending the successes attained in the present year:
- Establishment of elected regional spokespersons to support National Coordinators and optimise communication
- Presentation of the Stroke Service Tracker (SST) data and regional status update by regional spokespersons during ESOC 2023
- Relaunch of the SAP-E website in May and continuous updates throughout the year to facilitate visualisation of yearly stroke data
- Publication of the lay version of the Essentials of Stroke Care listing primordial evidence-based steps during pre-hospital, hospital stroke care and life after stroke
- Signature of the SAP-E Declaration by 12 countries
- Communication campaign and joint ESO-SAFE statement on 2023 European Stroke Awareness Day
The end of 2023 will be dedicated to strengthening our presence and advocacy activities at the EU level, starting the 2022 data collection for the SST and preparing the second on-site National Coordinators meeting in January 2024.
View the full status report here.