European Stroke Organisation ESO
The European Stroke Organisation (ESO) is a pan-European society of stroke researchers and physicians, national and regional stroke societies and lay organisations.
The ESO is an NGO comprised of individual and organisational members. The aim of ESO is to reduce burden of stroke by changing the way that stroke is viewed and treated. This can only be achieved by professional and public education, and by making institutional changes.
ESO serves as the voice of stroke in Europe, harmonising stroke management across the whole of Europe and taking action to reduce the burden of stroke regionally and globally.
The Voice of Stroke in Europe
The mission of the ESO is to reduce the burden of stroke.
ESO aims to improve stroke care by providing medical education to healthcare professionals and the lay public.
ESO acts as the voice of stroke in Europe with the goal to harmonise stroke management and to bring about political change. ESO focuses on European level projects while working towards global solutions and is dedicated to:
- Raising awareness regarding all aspects of stroke.
- Developing public policies to reduce the number of deaths by stroke and improve the care of stroke patients and the quality of life of stroke survivors.
- Fostering professional and public education.
- Establishing international teaching programs through national/regional organisations.
- Supporting national societies to finance a greater level and range of activities.
- Encouraging regional activities of organisations, stroke networks and foundations meeting the ESO objectives.